The whole Lyme-disease-time-in-a-wheelchair-really-nasty-stomach thing combined with bad-things-happening-to-good-people often makes me a blubbering mess, both in good and bad times. I am so, so, so grateful for my health, for my life in my favorite city, for the love and support of an incredible family, and for being able to live a life of relative health and passion. After not being able to walk for a period as a child because of Lyme, I will always be thankful for my ability to put one foot in front of the other.
So in that light, giving back in a teeny tiny way through food is important to me. Have a fundraising event you need something sweet for? I’m your gal. Need me to write / tweet / promote? Drop a line.
Please check out these organizations which I support with my whole heart.
- Rosemary Mint Linzer Cookies for the Cure – Frosting for the Cause (thedustybaker.com)
- Cookies to Cure Cancer! (thedustybaker.com)
- Cookies for a Cure! (walkingforudders.wordpress.com)
- Phoenix – Success! (walkingforudders.wordpress.com)
- “Sleep no more! Macbeth hath murdered sleep!” (thedustybaker.com)