I love this frosting. I want to roll around in it. I want to put it on steak, eggs, green vegetables and toast. I want to give it a national holiday.
OK, those are all going way to far. But it’s good. It’s really good.
Smooth, creamy, pungent with currant, it’s my new favorite thing.
It’s not fluffy and not pipeable. It makes a mess. But I love it so much I don’t care.
Slather it on all things sweet, especially if they contain chocolate or heavy spice.
Maybe don’t put it on steak, eggs, green vegetables or toast. Other than that, go batty.
- 1 8oz container Tofutti “cream cheese”
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) butter flavored Earth Balance
- 2 Tbsp Toffuti “sour cream”
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted, plus more to taste
- 3 Tbsp blackcurrant jam
- Beat “cream cheese” and Earth Balance until blended.
- Add “sour cream” and beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until creamy and slightly fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add jam and continue to beat to desired consistency.
- Use strawberry or raspberry jam instead of currant.
- If you don’t need to go vegan, use regular cream cheese and butter just colder than room temperature.
- Instead of the sour cream, use milk (soy, almond or cow), or omit completely, depending on the consistency you desire.