I have much to be thankful for this November. Fittingly enough, this is the month and the start of the season for giving thanks. Sweet.
A year ago, I started this little blog. And because of it, I started baking a sh*tload! I’ve spent so much time, barefoot and with my favorite red apron strapped on, with my fingers in gluten-free flours, typing away at my dusty keyboard while tweaking recipes, and tweeting and blogging and commenting away. Through this blog I have “met” some incredibly talented, intelligent, passionate people on the web, and through them seen the seasons change all over the world. Reading their recipes and stories, I’ve seen how their environments affect how they eat, how they nourish themselves and their loved ones, how they cherish food.
I’ve also attended so many food events in NYC, for my own interest or while reporting for NYC’s food blog Bromography. At these events I’ve met some insanely delicious chefs and entrepreneurs. If you’re reading, you all know who you are, and that I think you’re rock-star.
Recently I became an intern at Easy Eats Magazine. It’s a gorgeous digital magazine devoted to the gluten-free world. I am completely in love with this magazine – the layout, the content, the ease of use and the variety of information. I’m psyched to be contributing.
A year ago as well, Christianna at the blog the Burwell General Store began a recipe swap, and last April I joined it. Every month the 25 or-so bloggers have taken one recipe and thrown our individual spins on it. We’ve supported each other in failed recipes, changing relationships, lost jobs and cranky moods. And some have even met in person. I have a feeling more will do so with time.
So, in thanks for all this good stuff (and for the belly I’ve developed that will be going away as soon as New Years comes, when I make my resolution. I try not to make resolutions throughout the year, just so that New Year’s Day feels special. Ok, that’s a lie, I make resolutions all the time. But what baker in her right mind would make a resolution to eat less sweets going into the holiday season? That kind of crazy I am not. Maybe other kinds of crazy. I should probably get to the giveaway part now… hopefully you’re still reading! Read on, dusty web traveler, read on…)…
…I’m spreading the love!
Enter my Thanks-Giveaway to win TWO copies of one of my favorite gluten-free cookbooks: One to keep and one to give away for the holidays!
So, here’s what you have to do:
1. Leave a comment on this page with someone or something you’re thankful for, in relation to food and/or gluten-free cooking. Who would you give the book to? Who do you want to cook gluten-free for?
AND do one of the following and let me know that you did it in your comment. Do as many as you want, just let me know in the comment, and for each one you’ll get another ticket in the bucket:
- Subscribe to this blog with the little “Lead On Dusty” button to the top right of this page.
- Follow me on Twitter at DustyBakerGal and tweet this giveaway to your followers (@dustybakergal me too so I can see!).
- Like me on Facebook.
- Follow the Burwell General Store Twitter List on my Twitter Page, so that you can keep up with all the crazy food news from those incredible people.
- Sign up for your initial free digital Easy Eats Gluten-Free Digital Magazine issue. I know once you see one, you’ll be so psyched you’ll want to subscribe!!
- Comment on any recipe coming up in the month of November on my page with a link to something you’re bananas about on yours, so that I can check it out and comment back!
Do these things, and win TWO of one of these cookbooks, one for you to keep and one for you to pass along! Also, some fun little stuff that will be a surprise, wrapped up all special-like just for you!
Oh, and note that none of these books came from the publishers – they’re all on me, just because I love them so much.
Thank you for being so delicious!
Wishing you peace, love and a sweet, sweet life,
- Perfect Gluten-Free Pie Crust (thedustybaker.com)
- Baked Potato Cakes – Gluten and Dairy Free Recipe Swap! (thedustybaker.com)
- Millet Coconut Breakfast Pudding (thedustybaker.com)
- Gluten-Free Pierogis and an Awesome Giveaway! (thedustybaker.com)
- 100th Dusty Post and My 30th Birthday in a Pie! (thedustybaker.com)
- Coconut Milk Rice Pudding – Gluten and Dairy Free (thedustybaker.com)